Let’s talk about the skills and resources that can help you to become a Shopify Developer. A passionate Shopify Web Developer is a Web Engineer who specializes in the popular ECommerce platform.
With unmatched expertise in Web Development, an ideal Shopify Developer is expected to have the following skills.
- Complete know-how of Shopify’s Admin System is mandatory.
- Expertise in diverse programming languages and Full-Stack Web Applications will come in handy.
- Strong programming knowledge of “Liquid” for Shopify Stores and Shopify Themes is a must-have. You also need to know HTML5 and CSS3.
- To build Shopify Apps, the framework easiest to start with is “Ruby on Rails”. However, knowledge of PHP scripting language will also do the work. Basically, anything that uses JSON REST API with Auth will work.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics for Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is also desirable. Furthermore, expertise in Google Content Experiments is required for Testing purposes.
- Knowledge of other popular ECommerce Platforms like Magento, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce is a big plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders from multiple teams. A Shopify Developer should be self-motivated, confident, and ready to work in all team environments.
- They should have the right Interpersonal Skills to interact with stakeholders from multiple teams.